Saturday, September 27, 2014

Gravel Grind and Sand Slide, Caloundra to Beerburrum


Text from Jenny. I laughed for a while.

Last Saturday didn't go to plan. So this Saturday I didn't have one. Other than ride my bike for a while and get on a train when I felt like it.



I didn't look at maps or timetables before I left, I reckon I saw enough of the whole area last weekend to be able to get through the forests. And it worked pretty well. I left Caloundra at around 10am, after helping Jenny pack the car and kids. I still struggled a bit to get around a large road works where Bell's Creek Rd crosses the highway, but by following forest trails in a generally southerly direction and hooking up with tracks I used on the way up I was able to make my way to Beerburrum. The majority of the ride was gravel forestry road but there were some beaut trail bike tracks that had loamy bits, woops, jumps, berms and lots of mud.


Give myself a tat.

 There was a minimum of bitumen. I clocked 47km, and had time in Beerburrum for a toasted sandwich and coffee before I got on the train.






Here is the link:


http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/599679281

No comments:

Post a Comment